Today’s episode of #AskMeFriday was alllll about menopausal weight gain, and some tips to combat it. You can check out the full video here. Below are the Cliffs notes to follow along with, as well as links to the resources mentioned in the episode.
Menopausal Belly Fat
- As estrogen and other hormones start to fluctuate, you may notice that fat from hips & thighs travels upward to midsection.
- This is deep, visceral fat (not subcutaneous) – this is the most dangerous kind & hardest to get rid of.
- Increase protein, cruciferous veggies, healthy fats
- Veggie drink – IsaGreens in morning, then blended drink of spinach, kale, jalapeno, radish, lemon, sea salt, parsley, cilantro
- Decrease starchy carbs – can help to eat the bulk of starch before bed to help with sleep
- Reduce alcohol consumption
- Add weight training
- Focus on stress-relieving activities
- Short, intense workouts with lots of leisure walking. Metabolic Prime is perfect! Also increases HGH
- Check out Isagenix Clinical Studies – these were performed on menopausal women – loss in visceral fat is key.
- One tip for women over 40: STRESS LESS – consider 2 to 3 doses of Ionix daily
- Should you have morning elixir then shake – I have mine first, then shake a couple hours later post-workout
- Isagenix travel essentials: shake packets, Ionix packets, Greens packets, Cleanse powder, Hydrate packets
- Workouts while traveling: short, effective, minimal equipment. Here are some I’ve done at home the past week.